Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Where to have it

So, the first question I want to address is the where. I think Utah will be the best place to have it. We can try to do something closer to SLC and Provo so people could stay with families that live there (Jon and Beverly, Jake and Caroline, etc.). I haven't been able to find a good place close enough yet, but I have barely begun looking. One place I have found that I thought might be good is too far away to stay with family. It is the Pinewoods Resort in Cedar Mountain Village in Southern Utah.

It has great accommodations at an already low price as well as many different activities (sand volleybell, basketball court (that's for you Uncle Jon!)). It is right near Bryce Canyon and Zion National Parks. They also have ATV's for rent, and Horseback riding. There is also biking, fishing and boating available near by. They have a restaurant on sight as well as kitchens in the different cabins. If any of you have heard anything good or bad about this resort I would love to hear about it! If any of you know of something closer to SLC that would be great too.

I will do my best to accommodate everyones different schedules and desires, but I know I won't be able to please everyone. So bear with me and, if we work together, we can pull this thing off!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the blog! good job!

Christine said...

Thanks, I try :).

HOO said...

sounds like a great location Christi good looking out. Are the cabins all really large? It looks like the one in the picture could sleep like 10-12.

Christine said...

If you go to the website they have the rates listed. I'm not sure if it is this cabin, but there is one that holds 20 people, has a living area and kitchen and it comes out to $21.75/night/person. That is the cheapest they have that I've seen. I need to call them and see what other kinds of deals they have for the other cabins.

S&L Sarager Family said...

This is so exciting it would be wonderful to get everyone together. I love you so much keep us updated.

HOO said...

From the website it seems like even if we rented every building on the site, there would not be enough accommodations for all of us. Too bad, because it seems like a great location.

Ashley said...

We'd love this area. Nate and I have been wanting to go camping around there forever!

Christine said...

It would fit us all, they have two "regular hotel type buildings. With the three big cabins, that is sixty people right there, plus the Inn and Lodge.